Christ’s Departing Words of Love
John 15-17
These are
direct quotes of Jesus’ love for us as He spoke his last discourse to the
disciples, and as He prayed to the Father - right before He and His disciples
continue toward the Mount of Olives, to the Garden of Gethsemane.
On this
Christmas Day, may we ponder on His fierce love, His protective love, and His all-encompassing
provision for us.
“As the Father
has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love” (John 15:9).
“I have told you this so that my joy may be in
you and that your joy may be complete” (15:11).
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and
appointed you” (15:16a).
“When he comes, he will prove the world to be
in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because
people do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the
Father…about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned”
(16:8-11).
“Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be
complete” (16:24b).
“I have told you these things, so that in me
you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have
overcome the world” (16:33).
“Holy Father, protect them by the power of your
name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one” (17:11b).
“My prayer is not that you take them out of the
world but that you protect them from the evil one” (17:15).
“For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified” (17:19).
“I have given them the glory that you
gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you
in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity…you sent me and
have loved them even as you have loved me” (17:22-23).
“I…will continue to make you known in order
that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them” (17:26b).
"Amazed"
by Phillips, Craig & Dean
“How Deep the Father's Love
For Us” (Hymnal)
In honor of Christmas: God with us,
Immanuel:
“Light of the World” by
Lauren Daigle
“Noel” by Chris Tomlin
featuring Lauren Daigle
Let us respond to His love through
worship:
“Agnus Dei” by Michael W. Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.