Rebellion is Like the Sin of
Divination
I Samuel 15: 23a
“For rebellion is like the sin of
divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry”
Rebellion is likened to the sin of divination
Divination is one’s desire to figure out God’s
will
Without consulting God Himself
Taking away God’s control and sovereignty
Over our life
And take control of our own life
Without consulting
The Author
And Maker
of our life
Who wants a constant personal relationship
with us
Divination is independence from God
Which God hates
As He wants us to be
Totally dependent
on Him
We should have been dead
In the trespasses of our sins
But because of God’s great mercy
His own beloved Son died in our place
So the life we now live
Belongs to Christ
And not to us
God’s reign and rule
Are to be manifest in our lives
He demands that we surrender ourselves
Our entire life
To Him
Submitting totally
To Christ
Lord and Master of our lives
Taking the control back to ourselves
Is called
Rebellion
Which is like Divination
The taking of control away from God
Wrenching it from God’s hands
And placing it back into our hands
I’m finding that even the seemingly inconsequential choices I make without getting permission from God or even asking can be seen as trying to retain some control or power over my own life and it often leads to negative consequences. I must surrender daily to Jesus’ Lordship over my life.
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing this, Elissa!