Monday, September 13, 2021

Total Surrender


Lord, here am I

Send me


Lord, show me where You want me to go

and I’ll go



I’ll go

Now show me where You want me to go



Subtle differences?

This was a huge paradigm shift for me


I’ve always wanted to know first

Where God wants to send me

I can then negotiate 

and consider

What I wanted

What I’m willing to do


But to first 

Commit

To God

And being willing to go wherever

Without first knowing where


This is a game-changer


Total commitment

Total surrender

to God’s will


Giving God the blank check


Where-ever

What-ever

How-ever

Which-ever

Now and 

When-ever


Lord have mercy

My conditional obedience has been exposed


Lord have mercy

Help me to step down from the throne of my life

And give You 

Your rightful place


You

Sit and

Reign 


On the throne of my life


You call the shots

You set Your agenda

You determine the 

What

Where

When

How


Total trust in You because of 

Who You are


The Creator Who formed me in my mother’s womb

The Ever-Lasting God Who saw 

my every day before one day came into being


The All-Knowing God Who knew

my every thought before I had each one 


The Ever-Present God Who was with me

In my darkest nights

And my highest heights


The Perfect

Loving

All Powerful

Wonderful

Attentive

Heavenly Father


You Who love me and call me 

Your very own

Your beloved

Your precious child

Your masterpiece


If You love me more than I can possibly love myself

If You have the power to create the world

And to place me

In such a time as this

In such a place as this


Why wouldn’t You possibly

Have Your perfect plan for me

as You so generously allow me to 

Take part in Your Kingdom

Take part in Your Will


May I

By Your mercy


Respond

To Your love

Your calling

Your will


Step down from my self-importance

Step down from my own control

Step down from my self-will

Step down from my selfish desires and wants


Submit finally

Now

To Your will


Lord have Your way 

In me


By Your mercy

Increase my faith

For I do believe

But help me with my unbelief


I do desire to do Your bidding

Help me with my holding back


Lord

Have 

Mercy

And

Have Your way 

In me



“I’ll go. Now show we where you want me to go.” Renaissance Church. (2021, August 16). What it means to be human [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/zBK0b2bR0Ao?t=1408


"I Shall Not Want" - Audrey Assad

"I Surrender" - Hillsong Live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.